Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close to completion....what a lengthy fit...
This kitchen has gone on forever.... nearly all due to manufacturers not doing things right...  Crazy2

Airbrushing the clear sealant in the same colour as the Glass splashback/units..

Daz, I never know if your pics are photos or CGI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PJK's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (15-12-2018 06:59 PM)

(15-12-2018, 06:06 PM)PJK Wrote: Daz, I never know if your pics are photos or CGI.

Yeah.... even modelled the Festool Systainers...  Th_ROFLMAO

I'm assuming the cabinet doors are all yet to be adjusted.?.coz the gaps still look all over the place Daz.
Is the finger recess in this set of doors narrow? In the final picture it looks a very strange shaped recess.

Love the colour of the doors and the element of wood with the Breakfast Bar adds a really nice contrast. I like the edge detail as well on that wood... ThumbUp

I'm not keen on the small drawer fronts underneath the Ovens though, I think they look odd with the J handle in them. Are they working  110mm drawers or just blanking blenders?

I imagine the thin infill panel above the ovens is to allow additional clearance from the Ovens to the underside of the Hob...?

Overall Daz, it does look really nice and although a lot of people find Light Blue cold, I think it looks great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes snezza's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (15-12-2018 07:19 PM)

(15-12-2018, 06:06 PM)PJK Wrote: Daz, I never know if your pics are photos or CGI.

The first picture is  CGI unless I'm very much mistaken..?  ThumbUp
  • Daz Gizmo (15-12-2018 07:46 PM)

(15-12-2018, 07:13 PM)snezza Wrote: I'm assuming the cabinet doors are all yet to be adjusted.?.coz the gaps still look all over the place Daz.
Is the finger recess in this set of doors narrow? In the final picture it looks a very strange shaped recess.

Love the colour of the doors and the element of wood with the Breakfast Bar adds a really nice contrast. I like the edge detail as well on that wood... ThumbUp

I'm not keen on the small drawer fronts underneath the Ovens though, I think they look odd with the J handle in them. Are they working  110mm drawers or just blanking blenders?

I imagine the thin infill panel above the ovens is to allow additional clearance from the Ovens to the underside of the Hob...?

Overall Daz, it does look really nice and although a lot of people find Light Blue cold, I think it looks great.

Some tweaking yes to the doors, although the manufacturing of the doors does not help in this regard as the edges are very square and the accuracy of the the units they made are 1-2mm larger than specified....take the trims cut for the tall bank... 1504mm  Crazy2

Yes the drawers below the ovens are working dovetailed ones... they are only 92mm high lol...:

What's the join in the Peninsula back panel for Daz? Is that an openable 300 door at the Lhs?

(15-12-2018, 07:28 PM)snezza Wrote: What's the join in the Peninsula back panel for Daz? Is that an openable 300 door at the Lhs?

Yeah, a 350mm highline base...rather than having just a void at the back of the internal curved base...

Is that the wooden worktop you posted about a while back....? You were having issues getting them to machine the edge up or something along those lines? The finished result looks nice......and did I say I liked the edge detail?..... Th_ROFLMAO
  • Daz Gizmo (15-12-2018 07:51 PM)