Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
I say go for it. Many of us on here didn't start our working lives as kitchen fitters. It does have it's highs and lows and is a demanding job when you are designing and installing. It is really worth it when your customers are really happy and you have created that new environment for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes andy5405's post:
  • KOVKID (25-06-2018 08:50 PM)

(25-06-2018, 05:06 AM)andy5405 Wrote: I say go for it. Many of us on here didn't start our working lives as kitchen fitters. It does have it's highs and lows and is a demanding job when you are designing and installing. It is really worth it when your customers are really happy and you have created that new environment for them.

thanks for kind words.

Hi

I wanted to purchase ArtiCAD. And I got in touch with them through the website. But the price they are offering is £4000. Maybe I wasn't tactful therefore they did not offer me any trial as well. TBH I had a figure of £2000 to £2500 in mind. The price they offered my is above my budget. Now I am not back to square one with my plans. 

Does anyone here have maybe a older and cheaper version to sell?

I wanted to go with AritCAD because I  found(from this forum) that their renders are best. And I counted KFF for support when I am learning.  

please suggest and guide me on the right path. 
I explain my situation
- I am shortly going to buy ASUS GL702ZC 

- My plan was to learn the software and then

- Try my luck with Wren, Howden, Magnet etc before reaching the stage 2 below
          - Do some online marketing myself(I can do it) and hire the fitters to do the job
          - Or provide designing services to other fitters 

What is best software for photo realistic pictures after artiCAD. I am also doing some research on the subject though. 
All criticisms and suggestions are welcome.  resim

(21-06-2018, 03:39 PM)GDogra Wrote: Hi All

I live in Romford. I am afraid it's a bit of sad story so far but I am hopeful.

I am not a kitchen fitter nor a Kitchen designer. But I want to become both or at-least one. 

I Tried getting a job at Wickes, Howden, Magnet etc but no luck. I tried to get a job at independent kitchen as salesman but no luck. 
I Contacted 5-6 fitters to take me as apprentice but no luck.

I work as security guard on 3 Day - 3 Night - 3 Off. And I am willing to offer myself for FREE during the off days. If anyone want me please let me know. 

I am also planning to buy a software. Practice it. And then keep trying my luck.

I hope to be a regular contributor. Wanna be legend.

Cheers..
I admire your positive attitude and that will take you a long way....but.....One cannot eat an elephant in one bite. You say you have no knowledge of design or fitting. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BUY ANY SOFTWARE. Where will you find your customers? where will you source your product?....Who will fit it?. Many with the skills and showrooms go belly up. To start a journey, you need to start at the beginning. That is design. My advice would be to carry on pumping away at getting a job as a designer, you can learn the ropes and how to use the software without paying for it. You will benefit from a company's in house training for free and avoid many of the pitfalls. Learn from others bad experiences not your own, to minimise your financial risk. Good fitters are immensely knowledgeable but it takes many years and significant investment. Fitters can make excellent designers but rarely the other way round. Even then, you have to be a good sales person. Even if you can design and you can fit, if you can't sell, you're buggered. Find out if you can sell first. Without that, everything else is irrelevant.

Thanks for advice. I have tried to answer the questions, more as answers to myself.

Where will you find your customers? 
FB advertising & organic google results  ( I have free expert advice available in this field), standing in the Market, council planning applications etc

Where will you source the products?
Crown Kitchen, local manufacturers in West London, TKC etc. 

Who will fit it?
A hired fitter. I am going to be helper during the process.

Many with the skills and showroom go belly up.
They have fixed expenses.
I have zero running cost. Website expense £5 per month, some stationery and laptop with software.

Start from learning the design. 
I’ll master it first before hitting the market.

Get a job as a designer.
Preferably, yes.
But Nobody want to give a chance to a newbie. I’ll try again.

Software cost.
I’ll sell it on eBay in case things don’t work out as planned. I can take risk with the cost. Laptop 1500+1000 software 

If I’ll be a decent designer 
Yes
A good fitter
Maybe 
A good salesman
Maybe