Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome Handles
Hi guys,

How can I improve the handles in below's render. They're meant to all be chrome but as you can see, some of then hardly stand out at all, i've been playing around with settings for ages to no avail! 

This render is only a "high" to quickly show you what i'm talking about. Ive just used Articads basic chrome settings but if anyone can guide me to better material settings for chrome I would be grateful!

Attached Files Image(s)

Have you tried silver mirror?

Yup, it doesnt even change it a bit. its really frustrating!

If you have not tried already:

1. Diffuse colour should be black. 
2. Lower the reflection (Specular) so it is not quite fully reflective.
3. Untick Fresnel if enabled.

Let us know if it's any better...?

Maybe reduce the Sky scale a bit if you are using Lit appearance to reduce the noise a bit...

Hi Daz,

Did as you said and this is the result at highest render setting - I meant to say I've lost Daz's highest render since i got a new hard drive installed on my computer :(

Still lots of noise of wall cabinet on RHS next to glass door and handles are not looking great but a little improvement i suppose

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jayne Hiddleston's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (09-08-2017 10:30 AM)

Jayne - where have you got that floor texture from? It's fantastic!

Meeps (still dont know you're real name im afraid!)

Daz helped me find it online using a google texture search. I then created a bump map too. I've lost my log in details for the KFF Dropbox due to getting a new hard drive - if someone can please message me them I can pop the file and bump map on it for you. It's okay but could do with some grout  Crazy2

I'm Michael  ThumbUp

I don't have the log in details for the KFF Dropbox anyhows :(

(09-08-2017, 10:47 AM)Meepster Wrote: I'm Michael  ThumbUp

I don't have the log in details for the KFF Dropbox anyhows :(

Hi Meepster,

I think you've made enough posts to have access to the drop box.....Just PM Stretch and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Thats it uploaded into Dropbox- Textures- Tiled Floors 
ThumbUp

looks good apart from 2 doors are single panel shaker and the rest are something else lol.

( the long thin doors by the sides of the fridge are different )

im still using daz's setting for the chrome handles, still think it looks the best - the one that was put up ages ago now.

I know, its a 1909 door because I cant get the same frame in the Burbidge range (everything we do is handmade, I just use their ranges as they're the closest to what we do) The frame has a rail across the middle which the handle is fixed to for the pull outs. No client has noticed the different door detail yet   Wink2 but it does annoy me its not the same, i need to get better in sketchup to create one myself

I'll have to have a dig through the forum for the Daz's chrome setting, can't recall seeing it but it must be there somewhere thanks!

Jayne

What about this workaround using a larder with the door materials turned to air and 2 door graphics so they overlap to get the mouldings...?

I have uploaded the file Jayne so you can have a look...

I have grouped each setup and turned off dimensions and labels for the doors on each unit so the plan and unit list should be quite clean..

Its in Dropbox/Articad Files/Jaynes Tetbury in-frame larder workaround to show mid rails.kit
[-] The following 2 users Like Daz Gizmo's post:
  • Jayne Hiddleston (11-08-2017 10:11 AM), Joe Laughlin (11-08-2017 10:40 AM)

(11-08-2017, 09:37 AM)Daz Gizmo Wrote: I have uploaded the file Jayne so you can have a look...

I have grouped each setup and turned off dimensions and labels for the doors on each unit so the plan and unit list should be quite clean..

Its in Dropbox/Articad Files/Jaynes Tetbury in-frame larder workaround to show mid rails.kit

Brill Thanks as always Daz!

FWIW the materials in that file have been calculated using my Sheen Calculator I have been working on... Renaud at Redway is wanting to know the maths so maybe they can include it in the future...  ThumbUp

[-] The following 1 user Likes Daz Gizmo's post:
  • Joe Laughlin (11-08-2017 11:52 AM)

i really wish i understood this better as this tool sound extremely helpful! This would help with the issues of lack of frame detail etc so much.

I will upload the tool soon...  ThumbUp

I have already Tested an initial version in TurboCAD which is what I sent to Redway for there thoughts as per the attached. 1% to 89% sheen level using RedSDK sky and sun for light and reflections.

[-] The following 2 users Like Daz Gizmo's post:
  • Jayne Hiddleston (11-08-2017 12:12 PM), Joe Laughlin (11-08-2017 02:12 PM)