Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handless Corner posts and cladding?
Good Evening All, 
I'm trying to create a Handless kitchen where the profile does a external bend around the corner of the island and along the side. I've tried using the external handless corner posts and create the cladding with 60mm deep base units. unfortunately no luck trying to position them correctly  Angry
I'm sure one of you have found an easier way around this 
Also is there a  better model for the corner post that i don't know about - it seems there is a curved edge on the one which i am using currently 

Thanks in advance 
Ben
Is this what you are after?:

resim
[-] The following 2 users Like Daz Gizmo's post:
  • BenWaterman (13-06-2017 09:46 PM), Joe Laughlin (13-06-2017 09:52 PM)
(13-06-2017, 09:29 PM)Daz Gizmo Wrote: Is this what you are after?:

resim

This is U-shaped Daz. Is there an L-shape that snaps into the correct position? I've modelled one but it doesn't snap or match in the plan/render.
Not sure what you mean...

This looks okay to me on plan and in 3D?:

resim
Thanks Daz, This is certainly closer to what i wanted to achieve. 
Although i agree with Nathan as I  am still having an issue with lining  up correctly

Daz,

What door range are you using? I typed that post into search and i got nothing??

did you use a peninsular base?

cheers ThumbUp
Ben

Yes, it does not line up very well, ArtiCAD have not thought about the worktop overhang and its going by the carcass depth.. Crazy2

You could untick the worktop in the end panel and resize it to 570mm then move left or right by 20mm. Then add a covered space over the top for the worktop.

resim
Joe,

They are available in any Cat even the default for me... What if you put cnrpst in search?

Yes I did use a peninsular unit  ThumbUp
Got the normal ones but no handless u-shape???? Battered  Even tried build 22 but nothing?
Thats surprising Joe? I would have a word with Charles/Support about these missing.... Whether these get added by installing certain cats to the default system?

This is the proper way of doing the ends:
resim
Daz,

Dont know if it's my kitchen folder back up. Might try clean install then install the cats like normal rather than overwriting everything with the back up.

Dont normally get asked for this type of island which is why i haven't noticed it.

ThumbUp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe Laughlin's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (13-06-2017 11:12 PM)
FWIW Joe these are the Cats I have installed:

Standard Doors
Trade Mouldings
BA Zurfiz
Uform
BA Bella
Multiwood
Burbidge
PWS
Pws 1909
Langton
TKC
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daz Gizmo's post:
  • Joe Laughlin (13-06-2017 11:17 PM)
(13-06-2017, 10:54 PM)Daz Gizmo Wrote: Thats surprising Joe? I would have a word with Charles/Support about these missing.... Whether these get added by installing certain cats to the default system?

This is the proper way of doing the ends:
resim

That's the one Daz!  But look what its doing to the plan. Grrrr!
Is this okay?

Just turned off dimensions on some of the graphics and moved the labels and added a covered space:

resim
Also TKC's corner post is only one material - only suitable for J-Profile
I Know ...i know you cant please everyone ahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes BenWaterman's post:
  • Joe Laughlin (14-06-2017 10:15 AM)
Daz,  yea clean install worked!  Still only like the TKC's version which as Ben said it's only one colour.

Took the models into sketchup and made into 2 colours.

Did a 600mm deep and 900mm deep version. They just need to be set 150mm off floor.  Still need to be aligned slighly but looks ok. Used peninsular bases and set at 600mm or 900mm deep with worktop turned off. Used Island worktops.

If anyone needs them there in dropbox. Model colours = Red is Trim colour, White is Frontal colour   ThumbUp

resim

resim
[-] The following 4 users Like Joe Laughlin's post:
  • BenWaterman (14-06-2017 09:20 PM), Daz Gizmo (14-06-2017 08:33 PM), Lukeh1101 (15-06-2017 08:37 AM), snezza (19-06-2017 01:08 PM)