Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows update problem
Good evening all, Has anybody had an issue with Articad since the new windows 10 Anniversary update? My Articad wont load now, Says Sentinel key not found H0007.

ArtiCAD won't work with that update, but they are aware of the problem.

You'll need to remove that update to get it working again!

(09-10-2016, 12:33 PM)Meepster Wrote: ArtiCAD won't work with that update, but they are aware of the problem.

You'll need to remove that update to get it working again!

Oh bugger,  I've restored to an earlier date but it still won't start now, any ideas? Thanks

(08-10-2016, 10:45 PM)diamondwes Wrote: Good evening all, Has anybody had an issue with Articad since the new windows 10 Anniversary update? My Articad wont load now, Says Sentinel key not found H0007.

You could try to restart the HASP License Manager Service. You can find it by right clicking on the task bar/Task manager/Services.

Have you restored or removed the update? There is a difference.

Well called Articad today to tell them my Software wont run with the new Anniversary update, There response was i need to pay a few hundred pounds to get back into support and they will update me. Otherwise i have to remove the windows update and switch off windows update so it doesn't run!! They can't fix it with just a patch! So anybody running a version under there latest version is basically screwed unless your in support. I find this outrageous that they cant supply a patch to fix the problem, Surely the end user shouldn't have to pay to sort out a problem with their software after a windows update? What do you guys think?

Hi
Windows may remove programs during an update for compatibility reasons. If a program is known to cause crashes, bugs, or otherwise conflict with Windows, Windows may remove it to keep your system stable.

Have you tried reinstalling ArtiCAD?

Make sure to backup your drawings and textures just incase they get wiped out by the install routine.

Hopefully you have your original full install and the last patch to do this...

Try the patch first as this should not remove user data..

Good tip to anyone not renewing their members support, me included!!!

Always back up EVERYTHING including the latest builds you have!!!

Thankfully Daz doesn't charge us all around £400 quid for his advise and help on here although he does deserve it!! Th_ROFLMAO 

As for the support fee's i think there have been 4 build patches (6,8,20 and 22) this year that only seem to fix their own problems.

Worth the money? I suppose if your a small company or one man band like me you might find it hard to justify the cost!

ThumbUp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe Laughlin's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (12-10-2016 09:26 AM)

I personally think that software companies should fix bugs that are stopping the program functioning as it should, or problems when we have a Windows update, free of charge to keep our investment in the software working.

We should not have to pay a maintenance fee for these problems.

If we want the latest and greatest new features, improvements and access to there new catalogues then it is something for us to consider the outlay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daz Gizmo's post:
  • Joe Laughlin (12-10-2016 09:47 AM)