Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German True Handless with Granite & Lustrolite
This is the Utility Room of a big kitchen job that I have been doing.

It was a Self - Build project and the fit actually started last summer but the client kept adding on extras and he is now finally about to move in and has very recently cleaned everything down, so I finally managed to take a few pictures. The kitchen pictures will follow in a couple of weeks when he gets the TV mounted on the large Red panel that I mounted on the wall.

Even though i say so myself, this kitchen and Utility looked stunning when I went over on Wednesday evening.

The kitchen itself is Gloss Black & Gloss Red, so the Utility Room is following a similar colour scheme.

The overheight cabinets are by Stormer, Granite is Absoloute Black, Sink & Tap are by Blanco.
There are overdepth worktops in here as well to allow for Stowaway doors to cover the freestanding Washing Machine & Tumble Drier.

Very nice Tim.  Not sure on the colour of the backsplash but each to their own.  I had a customer who had red tiles the other month.  In all honesty wasnt to fond of them either.  

Were the sockets already there.  They seem a little low?

(17-06-2016, 04:13 PM)steve the fitter Wrote: Very nice Tim.  Not sure on the colour of the backsplash but each to their own.  I had a customer who had red tiles the other month.  In all honesty wasnt to fond of them either.  

Were the sockets already there.  They seem a little low?

I love the Red Steve!!!!! ThumbUp  To me it adds a real depth to the room. If you dont like the Red, you are not going to like the Kitchen when I post up the pictures.....!!!!

The sockets were already there Steve,.......but they only appear to be low coz the worktops are so high !!!!!

From the finished floor level to the top of the Granite measures 970mm. The Base Units are 780mm high + 160mm plinths + 30mm Granite.

(17-06-2016, 04:30 PM)snezza Wrote: Nice. How did it feel standing upto the worktops with the extra 60mm?   

Stretch could do with a kitchen at this height  Wink2

From the finished floor level to the top of the Granite measures 970mm. The Base Units are 780mm high + 160mm plinths + 30mm Granite.

(17-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Lsteve the fitter Wrote:
(17-06-2016, 04:30 PM)snezza Wrote: Nice. How did it feel standing upto the worktops with the extra 60mm?   

Stretch could do with a kitchen at this height  Wink2

As you know Steve, I'm only a little fella so it feels quite high to me but the client is more than happy with the extra height.
The kitchen is a standard height but this utility room was set up to accommodate the w/m and t/d behind the stowaway doors and the 60mm high section of handle.

Looks good Snezza, really nice clean lines for a utility room.

Like those sinks and good to see client spend a little more dough on the utility room with the recessed drainer ..... Love those !!

Look forward to seeing the red kitchen, sounds like it will be a marmite one with Steve around  ThumbUp

Im seeing a guy tomorrow who is thinking about a full red gloss kitchen in his office so I cant really talk. But in his defence his company may have some weird red theme.  

No, in all honesty I learnt to like the red tiles my customer chose by the time I finished fitting them and Ive looked at Tims pictures 3 times now and already starting to like it.

Very smart for a utility. Think a lot of people would be happy with it as their main kitchen!

Couple of questions... You say there are 780 cabs with 160 plinth. I assume that was by design and that you wanted it higher rather than use the normal 100mm plinths that go with 780 cabs? Is it because they are quite tall customers or did they just want a higher work surface for the utility?

I was looking at the prices of lustrolite the other day and it seems quite expensive to me, I don't pay a huge amount more for glass, if fact I think there was £10 a sqm meter in it. Now I do get very good prices on glass so it's cheaper than most get it for... So i'm wondering if the opposite is true for you? Do you pay normal distributors discount or do you get it direct from lustrolite and hence why it may be way more cost effective for you than glass?

Lovely sink and can understand why they would want it recessed for a utility as likely to have bigger bulkier items on it like big roasting trays and muddy boots, sadly most of the time my customers opt for a SS inset sink and drainer for the utilty.

It reminds me of one I did about 6 years ago which was pretty much the same, white high gloss units, nero assoluto granite and dark red splash backs, dark grey floor tiles.

resim

resim

resim

Rob,
The main reason for the higher cabinets and worktop was purely down to the fact of getting the freestanding W/M & T/D behind stowaway doors. The problem is with the Linear handle and therefore  the reduced height in getting the appliances in below it......
I remember someone phoning me up with a similar problem recently....!!!!!  What

As this was just his Utility Room, the client was quite happy to have a much higher than normal worktop therefore allowing him to use his existing freestanding washing appliances.

I do buy the Lustrolite sheets direct from the importers, so do get it for a competitive price.
I have done a few comparable quotes against doing some of my jobs in Glass as opposed to Lustrolite, but the glass has always come out far more money. Obviously, I have had to include the cost of the templating and fitting of the glass in those figures as we'll  as the time factor. The fact that Lustrolite can be cut and fitted in one day is a real advantage in getting the job completed sooner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt Grey German True Handless Kitchen. snezza 36 14,245 11-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bitzz
  German True Handless Kitchen with Diresco Quartz. snezza 12 11,337 31-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: snezza
  German Kitchen with Granite worktops & Lustrolite. snezza 23 22,579 12-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: markspark
  German Kitchen & Utility Room with Granite worktops snezza 7 7,179 24-05-2016, 07:35 AM
  German True Handless Kitchen with Corian & Lustrolite snezza 39 49,592 25-07-2015, 02:10 PM