Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The boy's done good!
Here's a little pic of the Spaceplug stand taken today at W14 exhibition at the NEC:

resim

Cracking job by JRB getting the display set up and they boys have been working hard all day pushing the little orange Doofer out to the unknowing public..ThumbUp

Makes me personally proud to know that I gave Cliff the chance to trial his idea on KFF initially, but even prouder for the fact that a lot of the members on here have supported him, despite initial reservations.....having said that, Cliff has done so much more work and promotion in the last few years so he ultimately deserves the credit.

Anyone who's planning a visit to W14, please make sure you look him up and introduce yourself to him.

Thanks also to those who attended the social at Hockley Heath Premier Inn last night. A good time and a few beers were had by all....Drink
[-] The following 3 users Like Stretch's post:
  • Colour Republic (05-10-2014 05:31 PM), paulccb (06-10-2014 06:48 PM), steve the fitter (05-10-2014 06:34 PM)

Well said Stretch, - being there at the start of the adventure has been just fab.
I think we are all behind Cliff in his venture, ( in a business way of course ROFL30h )

Such a great night at the social - we've met up with a great little gathering, and made some really great friends. ?
....fully qualified... head of dept of.... bucket washer!
Ohh, and chief tea-maker

http://www.claydonkitchens.co.uk

Haven't we got another picture?

Lots of model'sShocked promoting there stands inviting us in with there long legs and Bits, ( bits i said )
All Cliff had was 6 hairy arsed kitchen fitters, with titsHappy next time Cliff save on the hotels, sleep in JRb's van and get a lookerKiss.
Maybe with a very close shave and lippy applied, Snezza and CL could bring them inLOL

Any who, we all had a good laugh and added a sail to our Yacht'sCheers
FESTOOL CHEAPER THAN mafell and Doesn't look like an Aldi special.LOL

(06-10-2014, 07:50 PM)PREM Wrote: Haven't we got another picture?

Lots of model'sShocked promoting there stands inviting us in with there long legs and Bits, ( bits i said )
All Cliff had was 6 hairy arsed kitchen fitters, with titsHappy next time Cliff save on the hotels, sleep in JRb's van and get a lookerKiss.
Maybe with a very close shave and lippy applied, Snezza and CL could bring them inLOL

Any who, we all had a good laugh and added a sail to our Yacht'sCheers

Kiss Kiss

The stand looks great, shame I didn't get to see it.

Good to meet you lot anyway ThumbUp

Hiya Fellas Wave30h
What can I say? Firstly,Doh so sorry my visits on here are so scarse, I've just been flat out and this is only my 3rd night at home since the friday before the show (not that I'm complaining, I've retired, this doesn't feel like work anymore Happy) seem to have run on almost pure adrenyline now for over eight weeks, i've driven that many miles i'm convinced Snezza programmed my sat nav LOL.

Secondly - I don't think i'd even still be standing if it wasn't for JRB Clap - nobody could have asked for more talent, co-operation and support from anyone. Johnnie, you're an absolute gift to the world, a true friend and a true talent. Thank you so very much indeed, it wouldn't have been anything like without you and i wouldn't have achieved half as much if you hadn't been so helpful, co-operative and understanding, cheers pal Cheers.

Thirdly, (Well, firstly, a thirdly part a - is it me missing something or with that new tag line is RockOn30h been subjected to a little conversion therapy? Shocked) Anyway Happy, Mr Stretch, CL, Prem, Snez....thank you guys so much. Your support and encouragement has been a huge source of faith for me and it's so very much appreciated - thanks guys - and agreed definitely a sail added to the yacht Happy

Fourthly to everyone else who has supported me at the show, brilliant to meet you Chip and Owen, top guy - good luck with your venture and all you guys that have said such kind things on here, Steve, Big Al, Neil, Mike, Mark, CR, PJ, Dale, Ryan, Paul, Graftershave, Emo, Andy, Daniel, Rasta (now theres a man who can tell a joke LOL) and many others i've not mentioned i can't thank you enough. I'm blown away by the standard of work in the galleries on here and to have your support is amazing.

And fifthly, Space-Plug at W14....well in my humble opinion........IT WAS AWESOME Happy We had a great stand, Champagne buckets of samples on the Isaac Lord Stand, The Blum Stand, Furniture Productions Stand and had agreed another distributor before we even started the show. Johnnie and our SD John (he's the cheerful looking fella in the pic with a face like he's chewing a wasp ROFL30h) did some absolutely great work and I managed to talk myself horse 4 days straight. We were inundated at times and got dozens of names and numbers but best of all, when you actually get to sell the idea to someone and pull out all the benefits must have been over 95% that really got the idea and agreed Space-Plug fitting is a no brainer. Even got to meet Phil the lead presenter on the Festool stand - great guy who actually knew about Space-Plug and said fantastic things, made up with that and got a pic Happy Met some great pr people and did some great business. Already met with some great firms who are removing the extra gables, saving the board and supplying with space-plugs - we've already got purchase orders and will be putting links up on our website soon, very high end and great testimonial - really couldn't have asked for more...the lid is well and truly off whether your fitting with or without gables it just makes sense Happy

Now, back to enjoying retirement ....Smoke

Oh and BTW, in the nicest possible way and with the greatest of respect...to the other 5% TongueWiggleBlarBlarTongueWiggle
[-] The following 2 users Like Cliff1970's post:
  • paulccb (19-10-2014 12:03 PM), steve the fitter (17-10-2014 05:08 PM)

(17-10-2014, 02:22 AM)Cliff1970 Wrote: i've driven that many miles i'm convinced Snezza programmed my sat nav LOL.

ROFL30h POTM right there!

(17-10-2014, 02:22 AM)Cliff1970 Wrote: Secondly - I don't think i'd even still be standing if it wasn't for JRB Clap - nobody could have asked for more talent, co-operation and support from anyone. Johnnie, you're an absolute gift to the world, a true friend and a true talent. Thank you so very much indeed, it wouldn't have been anything like without you and i wouldn't have achieved half as much if you hadn't been so helpful, co-operative and understanding, cheers pal.

Those last two words would have done, mate. We don't go in for all that southern poncy arse-kissing up north... ThumbUp

(17-10-2014, 02:22 AM)Cliff1970 Wrote: our SD John (he's the cheerful looking fella in the pic with a face like he's chewing a wasp ROFL30h)

It's a good job we know who you're talking about, 'cos with us lot that description doesn't narrow it down much!

(17-10-2014, 02:22 AM)Cliff1970 Wrote: Oh and BTW, in the nicest possible way and with the greatest of respect...to the other 5% TongueWiggleBlarBlarTongueWiggle

Like the 'fitter' who came to the stand and poo-pooed the idea of both Space-Plug and angle brackets, stating that once he put the units in place all that was required was a bead of silicone down the panel on the end of each run to "secure" it to the wall... Shocked
Insert amusing/intelligent/witty comment here
[-] The following 1 user Likes jonny round boy's post:
  • Colour Republic (17-10-2014 10:34 AM)

I feel in an awkward position when using spaceplugs around my peers

On one hand I want to tell everyone about them but on the other hand Im sick of giving out my little hints and tips that make the quality of my work better than others around here.

On a serious note everyone who sees them asks and is very impressed with the doofers.

I met a couple of Plumbers/Heating Engineers the other day on a job I was doing.
I had my new SP shirt on (the one without the Gravy on it.......) and they asked me, what was SpacePlug?
I still had a few of the samples that Cliff had given us all to hand out at the W14, the ones with the labels attached to them. I gave them a couple of samples and told them some of the uses we have all found for the little doofers.

Even told them where they can buy them from locally.

Every little bit helps, and no-one deserves success more than Cliff, it may even mean he can buy a new SatNav coz the one he currently has, doesn't work right.......ROFL30h

Well done Cliff,........ and JRB for helping him out. Cheers

Snezza.