Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose quality over quantity.
When I moved into my first apartment I did what most young adults, on a budget, do when they need to stock their kitchens: I went on a Target shopping spree. From dishes to flatware, cookware and bake ware, I got it all on the cheap until, well, things literally started to fall apart. My $19.99 knives began to rust, most of my glassware broke during my last move, despite it’s tight bubble-wrapping and my spoons are bent (maybe that’s from eating ice cream out of the container, so perhaps I’ll let that one slide).

If I could go back in time I would invest in a few great pieces, slowly, instead of buying up everything that I thought I would need for as cheaply as I possibly could. The moment when I knew that I had made a mistake was when my trusty anodized stock pot began to show signs of decay.

It was then that I knew I needed to upgrade to Le Creuset, a popular brand of enameled cast iron cookware known for its versatility, durability and unfortunately, a hefty price tag. It’s made of material that evenly absorbs heat from its surroundings and transmits it in the same fashion to the food being cooked.

When I buy an expensive purse or pair of jeans, I try to justify the purchase by imagining how often I will use/wear said item. If my jeans cost $140 but I wear them 28 times, they really only cost me $5.

I suggest using the same logic behind purchasing a piece of Le Creuset cookware. You can use it for everything – in the oven or on the stove. You can even freeze it or use it to store cooked food in the refrigerator. You can use it when you make a huge batch of butternut squash and apple soup and you can use it when you make winter vegetable soup.

SHa_sarcasticlol

Oh dear !!!
....fully qualified... head of dept of.... bucket washer!
Ohh, and chief tea-maker

http://www.claydonkitchens.co.uk