Kitchen Fitters Forum
Space Plugs - Printable Version

+- Kitchen Fitters Forum (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Section (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Archived (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: General Forum Info (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+----- Forum: Announcements (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+----- Thread: Space Plugs (/showthread.php?tid=3832)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Space Plugs - jonny round boy - 16-06-2015

Ah, yes - I'd forgotten about that!

Here you go - I spent most of Monday in the car with the orange one, and had to put up with this for several hours. I've cut this down to 15 seconds to spare you...

RE: Space Plugs - chippy1970 - 17-06-2015

Lol !

RE: Space Plugs - Cliff1970 - 21-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 06:31 PM)FreddyRhodes Wrote: This is a couple of years old now, and after checking the website it seems its still a thing (which i'm pleased about!) but wanted to say that this is a great idea and i would like to get my hands on some so will be putting an order in next week. Any updates on this or is there another newer thread where i can see how you're getting on Cliff?

Hiya Freddy, nice to meet you Wave30h and many thanks for the interest Sir. I know i've been bad of late but pretty sure i've posted in the last two years! Blimey! I shall put an update on the space-plug thread forth with!!!!!!!!!!

(16-06-2015, 11:21 PM)andy5405 Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 06:31 PM)FreddyRhodes Wrote: This is a couple of years old now, and after checking the website it seems its still a thing (which i'm pleased about!) but wanted to say that this is a great idea and i would like to get my hands on some so will be putting an order in next week. Any updates on this or is there another newer thread where i can see how you're getting on Cliff?

I absolutely hate starting rumours, but:

There is allegedly a fitter from oop north that has in his possession a video of the CEO of Spaceplug Inc. giving his vocal chords a serious workout to some cheesey 90's tune (can't remember the song now) and he apparently hasn't given Tony Bennett too much to worry about. Said fitter (has a beard, currently going thru a ZZ top phase, likes making bespoke timber bread bins for nowt) is going to post it on here for everyone's amusement.

This will apparently force the CEO to get on here and post something in his defence and get round to updating everyone on how close he is to making the down payment on the KFF yacht (which will be moored but a stones throw from my good self!)

Like I said, it's just a rumour. The bread bin bit is true.

Andy 90's really ???? It must be bad!!!

(16-06-2015, 11:36 PM)jonny round boy Wrote: Ah, yes - I'd forgotten about that!

Here you go - I spent most of Monday in the car with the orange one, and had to put up with this for several hours. I've cut this down to 15 seconds to spare you...

WhatSmile1Wave30h That wasn't me........that was a large tango advert reject!!! I demand a retrial!!!

LittleDevil30hLittleDevil30hLittleDevil30h
Just as a little thankyou for this good deed Sir JRB ......Johnnie turns 40 in July guys...Who's up for a celebrate CheersCheersCheersCheers

RE: Space Plugs - PJK - 24-06-2015

I'll be up for a 40th celebration. We can discuss a week on Monday as I think I'm coming down to fit your tops with JRB. Not spoke to hm in a few days though.

RE: Space Plugs - jonny round boy - 24-06-2015

(24-06-2015, 11:54 AM)PJK Wrote: We can discuss a week on Monday as I think I'm coming down to fit your tops with JRB.

You are, definitely. ThumbUp

At least you'd better be! Fight

RE: Space Plugs - Cliff1970 - 24-06-2015

You are indeed PJ HappyHappy Looking forward to it Cheers

Ok JRB's birthday - Our spritely legend turns 40 on Friday 24th July Phone30h

I recon we could do with a social and one with a difference...... who gets seaSick30h

As you all know i'm now in Birmingham but since i've been here been pretty taken aback how much the canal system here operates and how popular it is. So whilst I'm not supplying a yacht just yet in the meantime we could make do and hire a barge here. It's pretty central for most of our regulars. I've had a quick look and we could get a big old barge beast 60/70 ft long sleeps 8/10 people for probably around £1200 for the weekend!!! Pick up Friday and drop back monday morning - we could shorten to the Sunday evening so only losing Friday for work.

Shotgun not steering.....recon we got a Skipper sorted......shotgun that's Stretch.... a man shaped to live on a long boat ROFL30h

What do you recon guys? £150 for a weekends forum frolics. We can BBQ, pub it or even go into Birmingham City Centre on it......Give JRB a 40th to remember DrinkDrinkDrink

RE: Space Plugs - emo_luke - 24-06-2015

Last time I was on a barge we crashed it.... There is a moral to that story I'm sure!

RE: Space Plugs - Pilchard - 26-06-2015

Having just joined the forum, the Space Plugs thread is the first I looked at. As soon as I looked on the website & saw the things I was dead jealous I hadn't invented them myself. A simple, cheap & effective solution to an annoying oversight by cabinet manufacturers. I really do hope they eventually get bought wholesale by the large companies for inclusion with every flat-pack & fittings box.

Has there been any R&D into adapting the thing so that adjustment can be made post worktop installation?
As I see the worktop as the "backbone" of kitchen runs, I usually do my final levelling once the worktop is in & jointed .......... things do mysteriously move. Maybe I'm just anal about levelling & getting stuff plumb but I am NEVER going to give a tiler the opportunity of telling me his splash-back tiling looks rubbish because my worktop wasn't perfectly level. Adjusting these Space-Plugs from inside the cab could be useful. What d'ya think?
Some carcase manufacturers have in the past provided rear legs that could be adjusted from inside the cab via a small capped hole with a long flat driver, (e.g. Chabert Duval whose legs were galvanised steel) & this saved a hell of a lot of grovelling around under cabs with a pair of water-pump pliers.
Once things like tops & plinths are on, making tiny adjustments & compensations to assist in door/drawer balancing makes tweaking difficult. Last minute tweaks should not theoretically be needed if everything has been done as it should but.......... not in the real world.
Still, 'till I've used them, I won't know if I'm just complicating things.

RE: Space Plugs - emo_luke - 26-06-2015

Chip posted some frame fixings in which you could adjust externally. No idea what they were called though