Kitchen Fitters Forum
Space Plugs - Printable Version

+- Kitchen Fitters Forum (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Section (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Archived (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: General Forum Info (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+----- Forum: Announcements (http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+----- Thread: Space Plugs (/showthread.php?tid=3832)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Space Plugs - nsk - 14-05-2013

(14-05-2013, 09:53 PM)chip off the block Wrote:
(14-05-2013, 01:57 PM)nsk Wrote:
(13-05-2013, 02:12 PM)chip off the block Wrote: They look very useful to be fair. At first i thought theres a problem that dont need fixing but i have in the past screwed units back that way in stud work with a packer and it seem so much better.

1 think i would say is that yours isn't the only option out there for this but yours will hopefully be the easiest to get hold of.

(13-05-2013, 05:32 PM)chip off the block Wrote: Cliff the same can be done with adjustable facade screws. Also grk make an adjusting screw but i don't think you can get them here

I'm struggling to see how you can even make the comparison Chip.

The intended application for the items you mention are not even remotly similar (from my understanding) ?

Nor are the costs for that matter
Well you are misunderstanding the adjusting screws are sold as cabinet adjusting screws for this exact thing. Facade screws work in the exact same way. Yes both are more expensive.

I'm not misunderstanding anything

I think the guy has a good and unique product, I'm not going to try to belittle it by posting something saying he effectively hasn't got anything new as you have done yourself.

RE: Space Plugs - Cliff1970 - 17-05-2013

There goes the tumbleweed! ROFL30h

Well I'm glad to report that everyone is happy especially me! Just wanted to tell you guys that my tooling landed in the UK this morning. That's a massive milestone (and a 30 grand bill) for me and i'm made up. Sort of makes everything real. When it gets through customs and gets to the factory I'll get some pics on here, amazing stuff.

Good day to you all guys. ThumbUp

RE: Space Plugs - Daniel - 17-05-2013

I'm so impressed with your work Cliff ..... I don't fit kitchens so I couldn't tell you if the product was any good but from what I understand and from what everyone has said it looks like a winner.

I think its great when someone has the courage of their convictions and properly follows through with their ideas ..... well done sir ThumbUp

RE: Space Plugs - Cliff1970 - 20-05-2013

Cheers Daniel, very much appreciated mate, always very appreciated when someone gets what you're up to and how much it takes.

Whilst I'm risking a reply just wanted to add thanks to all of you that have ordered from me. This has been the first time I've ever sold any after 2.5 years of this and it's more than a small relief to know that guys want to buy my little idea and also awesome to know that people love it once they've tried it.

I'm back from the exhibition yesterday at the excel. Got some more awesome feedback, even the guys on the BLUM stand put some out for me. Trudged around in my silly orange shirt but it's working out well. Wanted to ask what guys thought about the iKBBi? Anything would be great.

Website will show some different ways of buying tomorrow which should be more convenient. But if anyone prefers any of the initial deals i offered to KFF just drop me a message and i'll sort it for you no prob.

All the best guys and thanks again. Cheers

RE: Space Plugs - nomislotsirb - 24-05-2013

Cliff,

Perhaps a further product could be a XXL version to suit islands units where carcases are fitted back-to-back. Can appreciate that one of the USPs is that the Space Plugs compensate for undulating walls (which you wouldn't have where units are fitted back-to-back. However if you've got the tooling and the price point is reasonable I'm sure there is still a market. Would need to be supplied with male/female bolts instead of screws.

Cheers,
Simon

RE: Space Plugs - Cliff1970 - 27-05-2013

Cheers Simon,

I'm loving that idea - that's a really good one - not sure on the implications on volume to make some thing specific but will work out how you could use some existing pieces. Brilliant Idea

RE: Space Plugs - Cliff1970 - 28-05-2013

(24-05-2013, 09:56 AM)nomislotsirb Wrote: Cliff,

Perhaps a further product could be a XXL version to suit islands units where carcases are fitted back-to-back. Can appreciate that one of the USPs is that the Space Plugs compensate for undulating walls (which you wouldn't have where units are fitted back-to-back. However if you've got the tooling and the price point is reasonable I'm sure there is still a market. Would need to be supplied with male/female bolts instead of screws.

Cheers,
Simon
Idea
What do you think Simon, Line and level your units, offer up a bit of 40mmx40mm down the length of the join and then just use the approppriate space plugs to screw and lock into the same piece of timber, that would give you a solution, be interested to know how guys do it now? Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Cheers

RE: Space Plugs - FreddyRhodes - 12-06-2015

This is a couple of years old now, and after checking the website it seems its still a thing (which i'm pleased about!) but wanted to say that this is a great idea and i would like to get my hands on some so will be putting an order in next week. Any updates on this or is there another newer thread where i can see how you're getting on Cliff?

RE: Space Plugs - andy5405 - 16-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 06:31 PM)FreddyRhodes Wrote: This is a couple of years old now, and after checking the website it seems its still a thing (which i'm pleased about!) but wanted to say that this is a great idea and i would like to get my hands on some so will be putting an order in next week. Any updates on this or is there another newer thread where i can see how you're getting on Cliff?

I absolutely hate starting rumours, but:

There is allegedly a fitter from oop north that has in his possession a video of the CEO of Spaceplug Inc. giving his vocal chords a serious workout to some cheesey 90's tune (can't remember the song now) and he apparently hasn't given Tony Bennett too much to worry about. Said fitter (has a beard, currently going thru a ZZ top phase, likes making bespoke timber bread bins for nowt) is going to post it on here for everyone's amusement.

This will apparently force the CEO to get on here and post something in his defence and get round to updating everyone on how close he is to making the down payment on the KFF yacht (which will be moored but a stones throw from my good self!)

Like I said, it's just a rumour. The bread bin bit is true.