Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second division Articad Images
resim

One I sold this week. 
Thanks to Daz Gizmo help I think my images have got a tad better. Had major issue with the hood render so sprayed it grey in paint.net. That bloody Smeg kettle took 50 minutes to render, now saved looks great.

Thanks for everyone comments
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Stewart's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (01-06-2017 12:58 PM)

Mark, looking good. There are some posts on here regarding st/steel settings which helps for extractors.

Would have made the black parts of the kettle chrome or st/steel and the yellow low gloss. Again not sure but if ovens and hob are st/steel then again i would have them done. With regards the kettle there is a check box when importing in sketchup models that you can untick if the file is really big which helps with loading in. Remember to save them as a favourite so they will load in instantly with the material settings when using next time.

ThumbUp

Looks great Mark - is that tap actually one of the Quooker boiling water taps? It seems really big? If so - where did you get this model from?

(30-05-2017, 08:51 AM)Jayne Hiddleston Wrote: Looks great Mark - is that tap actually one of the Quooker boiling water taps? It seems really big? If so - where did you get this model from?

Hi Jayne,

The customer ended up spending only £120 on her tap. So my attempt to sell high end here did not work. The tap render was an ArtiCad standard model. Customers who saw The Gadget Show may be put off with the 18 year payback for a Quooker tap. If Quooker were to add a tea bag filter system to speed up by brew time I'd buy one!

(30-05-2017, 08:50 AM)Joe Laughlin Wrote: Mark, looking good. There are some posts on here regarding st/steel settings which helps for extractors.

Would have made the black parts of the kettle chrome or st/steel and the yellow low gloss. Again not sure but if ovens and hob are st/steel then again i would have them done. With regards the kettle there is a check box when importing in sketchup models that you can untick if the file is really big which helps with loading in. Remember to save them as a favourite so they will load in instantly with the material settings when using next time.

ThumbUp

Yes, I did alter the S/S but my problem was the reflection from a very close spot light. A bit of  trial and error, more error at the moment.
First thing I did was to save the Smeg Kettle in favourites, I didn't want to go through that again. Good idea about changing the handle colour and changing the tone of the yellow.

Thanks for your feedback