Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexus Users!
Spotted on the website this morning:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Stretch's post:
  • KOVKID (15-02-2017 02:34 PM)

Is that saying existing users will get a free upgrade or new users will get the free upgrade only. If that is the case it doesn't seem very fair.

Well I'd imagine that as a new user is going to have to pay for the software anyway it couldn't really be called "Free"...and if they don't already own it there's nothing to upgrade from...

So I'm thinking it's free upgrade for existing. Hopefully. Cheers

ThumbUp  I've emailed them for clarification

Thank you for your email.

The upgrade is near completion and we will inform you by email as to its release. This is not a free upgrade, we choose to give our customers a choice as to whether they go forward with upgrades, that is why we don’t charge an annual maintenance fee which would include upgrades and support. Our continued support however is free.

We will let you know what is included in the next release.

Tony has also been in touch with me about this so, just to clear it up:

If you are a new user and buy the old version of Nexus now it will cost £795 with the option to upgrade for free when the new version is released.
This is for a limited time only.

When the new software has been released it will be £995.

Existing users however will be offered the upgrade for £295.

I have no problem with any of that. Having used Nexus for about 3 years now, it does what I need it to and sells kitchens for me. I figure £300 every three years is a worthwhile investment.

And as mentioned above, the support has always been free and will continue to do so.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stretch's post:
  • mezzyg (16-02-2017 03:57 AM), steve the fitter (06-06-2017 08:52 PM)

Agree with that completely mate. I'll be getting the upgrade.

(15-02-2017, 05:06 PM)Stretch Wrote: Tony has also been in touch with me about this so, just to clear it up:

If you are a new user and buy the old version of Nexus now it will cost £795 with the option to upgrade for free when the new version is released.
This is for a limited time only.

When the new software has been released it will be £995.

Existing users however will be offered the upgrade for £295.

I have no problem with any of that. Having used Nexus for about 3 years now, it does what I need it to and sells kitchens for me. I figure £300 every three years is a worthwhile investment.

And as mentioned above, the support has always been free and will continue to do so.

Wish Articad did it this way, don't mind paying for a new version if it's offering something new. But £400 odd per year for support? The time between v20 and when v21 comes out it will be £800-£900 support for existing users!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe Laughlin's post:
  • Stretch (15-02-2017 07:17 PM)

To be honest Joe, when I see the work you guys do with Articad it's astonishing but Articad and Nexus are two completely products and Nexus is designed to be more user friendly and, as such, shouldn't need such a high level of support.

If I could justify the cost of Articad, Planit, or anything similar I would probably buy it, but as just about all of the work we do is by recommendation, as long as our customers get a fairly good representation of what their kitchen will eventually look like, my Nexus renders do the job for me. And I don't have to wait 3 days for the renders to complete!!

I have rarely troubled the boys at Nexus for any kind of support over the years as I've quite enjoyed pushing the software to it's limits and - I hope - some of the other Nexus users on here have benefited from my tutorials!!

This is something I'm currently working on. It's an office/study refit using Crown Lifespace furniture - all the components of which I have customised in the VR Bedroom part of my software. The customer is the manager of a cruise ship company....

I had a thought today about how to create different wallpaper effects... a tip I will be sharing later!!

[-] The following 2 users Like Stretch's post:
  • Joe Laughlin (15-02-2017 07:44 PM), mezzyg (16-02-2017 03:57 AM)

So glad I stumbled upon this site. I've been using NexusCad for several years and just can't fault it's ease of use. However, I thought they had ceased trading, and was therefore looking for a replacement. Called them today and looking forward to the new system in the next few weeks.

Nice touch mate, is that his ship or yours.

I await your tips with baited breath, I'm still stuck on the first one, uploading pictures. Crazy2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tip For Nexus Users Stretch 13 3,133 28-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: PREM