Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows update problem
(12-10-2016, 09:44 AM)Daz Gizmo Wrote: I personally think that software companies should fix bugs that are stopping the program functioning as it should, or problems when we have a Windows update, free of charge to keep our investment in the software working.

We should not have to pay a maintenance fee for these problems.

If we want the latest and greatest new features, improvements and access to there new catalogues then it is something for us to consider the outlay.

Totally Agree Daz, if V21 turns up all singing and dancing i will have no problem justifing the cost for it. Technical issues should be free! ThumbUp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe Laughlin's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (12-10-2016 10:04 AM)

(11-10-2016, 10:27 PM)Daz Gizmo Wrote: Hi
Windows may remove programs during an update for compatibility reasons. If a program is known to cause crashes, bugs, or otherwise conflict with Windows, Windows may remove it to keep your system stable.

Have you tried reinstalling ArtiCAD?

Make sure to backup your drawings and textures just incase they get wiped out by the install routine.

Hopefully you have your original full install and the last patch to do this...

Try the patch first as this should not remove user data..

Hi Daz, Managed to reinstall Articad but still doesn't run with the update installed. So rolled back windows and it works fine again. I can't believe they want me to just switch off windows update permanantly just to keep their software running or pay the few hundred pounds to update to their latest version. I had no problems with the version i'm on just now it won't bloody work with the new update installed. Why they can't just supply a free patch for those not in support i do not know.  If they don't sort this out they'll wish they never sold it me in the 1st place the crafty bar stewards!! Angry
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamondwes's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (12-10-2016 01:26 PM)

This is the usual procedure to follow regarding sentinel/LDK/H0007, H0031 and H0033 error messages, which can appear after a windows update, if your computer goes to sleep or due to your antivirus/firewall software:

•             Close The Error Message
•             Go to My Computer
•             Click on C: Drive (CSmile
•             Go into the ArtiCAD Folder
•             Go into the Licenses Folder
•             Locate Remove RTE, double click and file will start to run - allow the file to run and make changes
•             Locate install RTE in the same folder as before, double click and file will start to run, allow the file to run and make changes

If these steps do not work, please check your firewall/anti virus as this may be blocking it, you may have to temporarily disable these and try the steps again.

If that still doesn't work, please uninstall RTE again and restart the computer, then load up the same folders again and install RTE again (making sure the anti virus is still disabled)

If these steps do not work, follow the below steps:

• Please locate the 'C drive' or 'Local Disk C'. This can be done by clicking on File Manager at the bottom of your screen.
  • Within your C drive there will be a folder for 'ArtiCAD', Please go into this Folder.
  • Within the ArtiCAD folder you will see a folder for 'Licenses', Please go into this folder.
  • Within the licenses folder will be a file for 'UpdateUtility.exe', please double click on this for it to open
  • Once open please click on the 'Apply License File' tab and then in the bottom right corner of the box please click on the Button that has three dots.
  • Once the next box opens up please locate the Licenses folder, please follow steps 1-3 again to find this
  • Within the Licenses folder select the 'Provisional.V2C'. Click on the button 'Open' and then in the next box click on 'Apply Update'.
  • After this Process is done Please try and Open ArtiCAD.

(16-02-2018, 11:23 AM)mcfadred Wrote: This is the usual procedure to follow regarding sentinel/LDK/H0007, H0031 and H0033 error messages, which can appear after a windows update, if your computer goes to sleep or due to your antivirus/firewall software:

•             Close The Error Message
•             Go to My Computer
•             Click on C: Drive (CSmile
•             Go into the ArtiCAD Folder
•             Go into the Licenses Folder
•             Locate Remove RTE, double click and file will start to run - allow the file to run and make changes
•             Locate install RTE in the same folder as before, double click and file will start to run, allow the file to run and make changes

If these steps do not work, please check your firewall/anti virus as this may be blocking it, you may have to temporarily disable these and try the steps again.

If that still doesn't work, please uninstall RTE again and restart the computer, then load up the same folders again and install RTE again (making sure the anti virus is still disabled)

If these steps do not work, follow the below steps:

• Please locate the 'C drive' or 'Local Disk C'. This can be done by clicking on File Manager at the bottom of your screen.
  • Within your C drive there will be a folder for 'ArtiCAD', Please go into this Folder.
  • Within the ArtiCAD folder you will see a folder for 'Licenses', Please go into this folder.
  • Within the licenses folder will be a file for 'UpdateUtility.exe', please double click on this for it to open
  • Once open please click on the 'Apply License File' tab and then in the bottom right corner of the box please click on the Button that has three dots.
  • Once the next box opens up please locate the Licenses folder, please follow steps 1-3 again to find this
  • Within the Licenses folder select the 'Provisional.V2C'. Click on the button 'Open' and then in the next box click on 'Apply Update'.
  • After this Process is done Please try and Open ArtiCAD.

Perfect!  Thank you very much.  Articad would gladly have charged over £400 for this simple step which reactivates the program in minutes.