Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an integrated ceiling extractor
Very easy to do this chaps...
  • Drag and drop a "post" from the Miscellaneous menu into the planning area
  • Right click it, change its properties to be whatever you want, ie W:1000 D:800 H:200 and change the colour to the same as the ceiling. White then!
  • Set the datum to be your ceiling height minus the height of the "boxing you've just created, ie 2400 - 200 = 2200
  • Go on to Google Images and get a good high res 2D image of an integrated ceiling extractor and copy and past into your Textures>Misc folder as I've explained before.
  • Drag and drop another "post" in, change the properties to, in this instance W:800 D:600 H:20
  • Change the image texture to the image you've just saved to your Textures/Misc folder
  • Set the datum to 20mm below the boxing, 2180
  • Drag both objects into their final position.

Voila!!

[-] The following 3 users Like Stretch's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (27-03-2016 05:10 PM), KOVKID (26-03-2016 03:57 PM), PREM (27-03-2016 11:49 AM)

Ive got to get my head around the whole new way of putting the pic's from www to a file on the laptop. Ive got some good size projects coming up and the thing that is letting me down is the renders and my ability to do them.

cheers Stretch
[-] The following 1 user Likes PREM's post:
  • Stretch (27-03-2016 04:14 PM)

Are you using Windows Prem?

Coincidently, I had one to draw up today...... Now, I know I'm no Daz Gizmo and its just a basic render, but hopefully the client will get an idea of what it will look like.

resim
[-] The following 2 users Like snezza's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (27-03-2016 05:12 PM), Stretch (27-03-2016 10:33 PM)

Any help or advice or pointers you can offer Daz will be gratefully received! I will not take any offence at all.

I had never done a CAD drawing on Articad before the start of December, so it's still a sharp learning curve for me, as you can see. I certainly feel more in my comfort zone with a Plunge saw in my hands rather than a computer mouse...!!!

I'm not an Articad user and definitely I'm no Daz but I would always say that the crucial part of planning a kitchen is making it sure it fits in the 2D mode.

Constructive criticism would be:

A little work needs to be done on the general finishes and reflections etc but Daz may be more qualified to advise on how to do that in Articad

My advice, for any bit of software, is when you are doing your 3D renders to try and make sure you don't skew the perspectives out of proportion. It needs to look as though you are viewing through your own eyes and not a pair of specs you've borrowed from your nan......or a Howdens designer. No offence.....

I try to send my clients a handful of images that show an area at a time instead of trying to cram the entire view into one image. Make sure you pull the image round so that all the angles are at least, give or take, 90 degrees to each other. Much in the same way you would actually install a kitchen!!

The image I showed above is not even a kitchen that I'm designing at the moment. It was just one I was messing around with on a Bank Holiday weekend and trying new ideas to stretch the capabilities of Nexus. I will post more images from that design tomorrow from different angles when I get on my PC.

Yeah... As Stretch Mentioned, try to avoid trying to get more in the render by increasing the field on view.... I try not to alter the default as this is close to what looks more natural.

The default light I nearly always change it's value to zero when trying to get a good render. Turn on the Sun as I think so many renders look "empty" with just the sky rays.

For quality renders, for me anyway, these are going to take time if using the Sun/Sky with higher settings. I keep asking them to split out the Sun and Sky so we can have different brightness controls for each. The sun is not always at full strength like with cloud cover etc.... that's my argument anyway...  Crazy2

Here you go Tim, a couple of different views of that mock kitchen which shows other aspects of the room:

And, I hope you don't mind but I mocked up your design in Nexus without knowing the room dimensions but taking a wild guess and produced these:

And an overall view of the kitchen:

[-] The following 2 users Like Stretch's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (28-03-2016 07:19 PM), steve the fitter (28-03-2016 04:27 PM)

This is my 2nd attempt....

Not finished with it yet as i am still learning how to tweak the settings.

The door finish is supposed to be natural concrete, but it still looks a bit Grey, but in reality there is more of a Brown in it.

resim
[-] The following 2 users Like snezza's post:
  • Daz Gizmo (28-03-2016 07:19 PM), Stretch (28-03-2016 03:14 PM)