Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benchmarx
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone buys from Benchmarx? Feedback on them would be great or even better anyone got a contact there? Be pleased to hear from you if you can help at all.

All the best guys ThumbUp

(PS - I gotta nother star today Big Grin)

Marc might be the one to talk to, he is our benchmark budda.
FESTOOL CHEAPER THAN mafell and Doesn't look like an Aldi special.LOL

All I know is there gower like wickes, and both owned/run by Travis Perkins.

Yeah wickes Travis and benchmark are all the same shit, and I mean shit
Festool.... Cheaper than maffel

To be fair I don't mind Benchmarx. I think they are the best of the DIY sheds TBH (including Howdens and Magnet in that bracket). Not fitted one in over a year but if a customer wants a kitchen at very short notice it's them i'd use. They have got slightly worse in that time as, I assume in an effort to cut costs, they no longer pre-fit drawers in to their carcases but come flat packed instead.

As for space-plugs, I did mention them to the Brighton manager some months back as I know him quite well. He did say he'd pass out some samples to some decent local fitters to see what they thought and also send them up the line to HO. Sorry Cliff can't remember if I ever got round to sending you his details???

Although I do know at the time they were cutting back on sundries and only keeping their core range in, not sure if that was a Branch thing or a national policy.

Hopefully Marc will pop in.

I know the manager at Benchmarx Sidcup. Good firm to deal with. Not particularly cheap but quality is sound. Always very professional. Great design service!

(28-11-2013, 08:22 AM)Nick Luxford Wrote: I know the manager at Benchmarx Sidcup.

- Thanks Nick - be great if you could pm his name, metion us next time you talk to him

(28-11-2013, 01:29 AM)Colour Republic Wrote: As for space-plugs, I did mention them to the Brighton manager some months back as I know him quite well.

Hopefully Marc will pop in.

- Thanks CR - same as Nick - be great if you could pm me his name

Have sent "a" Marc a pm - just not sure I've got the right chap.......Doh

This is the Marc you need Cliff

http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/membe...ile&uid=77

(28-11-2013, 09:45 AM)PJK Wrote: This is the Marc you need Cliff

http://www.kitchenfittersforum.com/membe...ile&uid=77

Thanks PJK - I have got the richt Marc then - PhewPhew

Terrible experience with Benchmark Reading (woodley). Would not recommend, better quality available elsewhere at more competitive pricing with better customer service

I tend to send my 'Howdens' customers to Benchmarx. The service is much better and I've rarely had the same issues with missing items than I always do with Howdens. Only downside is the towers come flat packed and now also the drawer packs!

(18-10-2017, 06:56 PM)CVC Wrote: I tend to send my 'Howdens' customers to Benchmarx. The service is much better and I've rarely had the same issues with missing items than I always do with Howdens. Only downside is the towers come flat packed and now also the drawer packs!

Health and safety is the reason, Travis say they are too heavy with mechanisms fitted

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
Arrgh ThumbUp Battered
Angry2 Bling Cheers
Chilled Crazy2 Drunk
Embarrassed Evil_smile2 Sad_cry
Sick Smile1 Tongue1
Tongue2 What Wink1
Wink2 Worried Wow1
Wow2 Th_ROFLMAO Cry
Doh Drink Fight
Geek Grumpy30h Happy
Idea Idea30h Kiss
LittleDevil30h LOL Loser30h
[get more]
Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.